2.17.2009

Links! Basketball Links!

Well, NBA All-Star Weekend has come and gone once again. Saddening, I know. But don't fret, my friends, for every rain cloud has a silver lining. In the coming weeks, we will be treated to:

1) A trade deadline mish-mash-mix-em-up in which our Blazers are being rumored to participate. Whispers around the water cooler (or, you know, all over the Internet. Same thing) are pointing to possible trades with SacTown, Milwaukee, Chicago and even Philly. One thing is for certain: no matter who KP1 decides to Pritchslap this year, it's going to be exciting.

Unless of course we just sit on RLEC and wait for it to expire this summer. Then I will frown.

2) Nine teams competing for eight spots in the Western Conference. We WILL be one of those eight teams, my friends. I have foreseen it.

3) THE RETURN OF CHARLES BARKLEY, BABY!!!!!!

Number three is my favorite, in case you didn't catch that.

In honor of The Round Mound's return, here's an all Chaz Barkley links post. Enjoy.

"Please, y'all, go back to Damon Jones' jacket."

Do I really need to say anything here? For the full effect, watch it three times. Trust me.

The Stormin' Mormon strikes again

Kenny is so heartless. Shawn Bradley is one of the few people on the planet who has mastered the Dim Mak, OK? Bruce Springsteen is his shidoshi.

Tiger's Envy

It's a thing of beauty, isn't it?

The Big Charles Barkely Mix

Because of his brilliant and colorful onscreen persona as TNT's resident Muppet, we forget just how good this guy was in his prime. Time to remember.

All right, maniacs. That's it for today. But before I get out of here, I'll leave you with one final, beautiful image. As many of you know, Kobestopper Joe was lucky enough to get courtside seats to last week's Blazers/Warriors game in Oakland. Here is a screen grab from that affair. I've taken the liberty of labeling the important parties in the picture.

I don't know much in this crazy, crazy world. But I do know this: that is the face of a young man who is f---ing happy to see Joel Przybilla.

No comments: