12.20.2008

Links! Basketball Links!

Time for another hoops video binge, maniacs. Hold on to your autographed Bill Walton 8x10 headshot*, cause it's about to get RAW.

* Joe has informed me that I am the only person on earth with an autographed Bill Walton headshot. My apologies.

Dr. Jack's Experiment in Teamwork


Honestly, what's not to love here? Great footage. Great interviews. Great soundtrack. Great "oh man, we're going retro here!" attitude, even though the video itself looks to be about 15 years old judging by Bill's still fiery red locks. Bobby Gross, Lionel Hollins, Dave Twardzik, Johnny Davis, Maurice Lucas, Bill Walton, and Dr. Jack Ramsay. Man, I LOVE watching those guys kick the crap out of Doug Collins.

Troof Come to the Light


Too...many.....great things...to....exalt. Must...resist..urge.....to pass out...from intense laughter......dang dang diggety dang da dang.

Coca-Cola is NOT a sports drink


Honestly, who thought this would be a good idea? Even as a young man, sweating in that Sixers' jersey, Chaz was still the Round Mound of Rebound. And what's Scottie even doing in this commercial? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I think he's underrated. Great passer. Great defender. I would love to play with Scottie Pippen. But, um...was MJ busy that weekend or something? Gatorade clearly didn't insert a no-compete clause in his contract, so what's the deal with going with Robin instead of Batman?

Martell's 24-point quarter

Just in case we've forgotten what this guy can do, here's a little reminder. I was at this game, so I missed out on Mike Rice's classic "asbestos gloves" comment. I gotta tell you guys, it was one of the most impressive quarters of basketball I've ever seen. He was literally on fire. Three people died from the uncontrollable flames coming off his body. Feel better, Martell. We're gritting our teeth and biding our time 'till you come back, dude.

Well, that's all she wrote, maniacs. Now get out of here. You're embarrassing yourself.

Oh, wait! I almost forgot! Here are our honorary Kobestoppers of the week:

- Dwyane Wade. I have finally forgiven Flash for the grievous misspelling of his first name, mostly because he dropped 35/6/3/3/2 on the visiting LA Kobe, besting the Mamba in every possible statistical category. D-Wade hit back-to-back baskets in the last 90 seconds and had a crucial block on Pau Gasol in the final minute to help Miami hold on for an 89-87 win. If my mama like it, I like it.



- The Orlando Magic starting lineup. If Portland is going to lose on an incredibly lucky last-second bank shot by TurkeyGlue, the least those bastards could do is beat the LA Kobe at home. And they obliged. The five starters for Orlando combined for a whopping 84 points and Dwight Howard added 12 rebounds. Sure, Mamba dropped 41 points, but that's not nearly as many as 52. And his team lost.

By the way, who else still has a warm, fuzzy feeling inside from Brandon's 52-point game?

FIFTY. TWO. POINTS.

1 comment:

Darcy C said...

Come on guys! I need more stopping of Kobe. Tonight's game vs Detroit was a freaking great game and I wanted to come home and read a diary of the epic showdown. Too bad both Sheed and Roy could not play, but Travis made my night. Go Blazers!